A three-term state legislator and university educator, Lori Saldana is a passionate fighter for middle-class families and opposes cuts to Social Security and Medicare. “I want Democrats to have backbone,” she says.
We held a press conference where progressive candidates delivered thousands of petition signatures to House Speaker John Boehner’s office, demanding a jobs bill. Lori stole the show! Then, we organized to help her primary against a conservative Democrat by helping her campaign hire staff and run effectively — and raising small-dollar donations to help her win.
Actions for Saldana:
- FUNDRAISING — Hundreds of our members have chipped in small amounts to help Saldana win.
- CAMPAIGN ASSISTANCE — We helped the campaign hire key staff and run effectively.
- NEWS — POLITICO: Progressive Change Campaign Committee will endorse three-term state Assembly member Lori Saldaña in the Democratic primary for California’s 52nd district today. They call her “a bold progressive fighter who will be a strong ally of Elizabeth Warren in Congress.”
- NEWS — TALKING POINTS MEMO: “The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (PCCC) will announce later today that they will be endorsing former California state Rep. Lori Saldaña in for Congress in California’s 52’s district.
- VIDEO — Watch Lori stand up to John Boehner for the 99%