In October 2010, MSNBC suspended news anchor Keith Olbermann. Over 300,000 members signed a successful emergency petition calling on MSNBC to reinstate him. Olbermann did return to the air, but left the network soon after. Watch his sign-off thanking PCCC members for their support during his last show below.
Actions for Olbermann:
- PETITION — Over 320,000 of our members signed a petition demanding Keith Olbermann return to the air.
- NEWS — New York Times: “As of Friday evening, tens of thousands of people had signed a petition titled “Put Olbermann Back On The Air NOW!” that was circulated by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee.”
- ADS — Launched SaveOlbermann.com and major online ad campaign supporting the petition.
- THANK YOU NOTES — Our members signed over 100,000 notes thanking Keith for his work.
- NEWS — TIME: “Liberal groups were like a dog with a bone: an online petition demanding Olbermann’s reinstatement (led by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee), exceeded 300,000 signatures Sunday.”
- VIDEO — Keith’s sign-off thanking PCCC members: